PENTAX K1000 MIJ
Classic film camera, Pentax K1000 in a clean, fully functional shape. Camera of choice for a photography student or collector. This particular camera is a rare early production model, with a serial number on top and "made in Japan" engraved on the back. K1000's were only produced in Japan in 1975-77, after that all production shifted to Hong Kong, and later China (with significant drop in quality). As such, units made in Japan are rare and highly collectable.
Shutter and film transport work properly. Meter responds to light, lens aperture and shutter speed settings, but accuracy was not verified with film. Light seals and mirror guard have just been replaced ($25 value) .
Very good. No major scratches or dents anywhere. Small dent next to the viewfinder on the back and minor brassing on the viewfinder frame. Micro-scratches on the bottom from normal use, consistent with age. Clean and sharp lettering on the shutter speed dial. Focusing screen and viewfinder are dust-free. Original leatherette is very good condition.
- SMC Pentax-M 50mm f/2.0 normal prime lens. Clean, scratch-free glass, no fungus. Aperture is snappy and blades are free from oil. Focusing is smooth. The barrel of the lens shows minimal wear, no dents. The lens comes with three quality filters: UV, blue and yellow and a new generic front cap.
- FREE BONUS: Sigma 100-300mm f/4.5 telephoto zoom lens with both caps. The lens appears in clean and functional condition but was not tested.
- A set of Extension Tubes with both caps, in original box.
- Vivitar 252 auto flash, with original manual. Flash charges and fires properly with the camera (batteries not included). Some corrosion inside battery compartment, signs of wear on the exterior.
- Vintage camera strap, roll of film (expired, use at your own risk) and a fresh battery for the camera meter.