Pentax K1000 Chrome / Brown Alligator
Classic film camera, this particular Pentax K1000 in a clean, fully functional shape. Camera of choice for a photography student or collector. This particular camera is a rare early production model (ca 1977), with a serial number on top. K1000's were only produced in Japan in 1975-77, after that all production shifted to Hong Kong, and later China (with significant drop in quality). As such, units made early in the production cycle are rare and highly collectable.
Shutter, meter and film transport work properly. Meter accuracy was not verified with film. Light seals (including internal, around the prism) and mirror guard have just been replaced ($25 value) .
Excellent. No major scratches or dents anywhere. Minor brassing on the film door frame. Clean and sharp lettering on the shutter speed dial. Focusing screen and viewfinder are dust-free. Original leatherette was replaced with genuine pigskin leather embossed in Brown Alligator pattern.
- SMC Pentax-M 50mm f/2.0 normal prime lens. Clean, scratch-free glass, no fungus. Aperture is snappy and blades are free from oil. Focusing is smooth. The barrel of the lens shows minimal wear, no dents. The lens comes with a new generic front cap.
- FREE BONUS: Tokina 35-105mm f/3.5-4.3 zoom lens with both caps. The lens appears in clean and functional condition but was not tested.
- Teleconverter lens with both caps and original leather case.
- Pentax AF 160 flash, with original manual. Flash charges and fires properly with the camera (batteries not included).
- Vintage camera strap, photocopy of camera manual and a fresh battery for the camera meter.