Pentax K1000 SE Diamond
True collector's item, this is the rarest and most desirable version of Pentax K1000 film SLR. Only produced during the initial manufacturing run in Japan, circa 1978, this Special Edition camera features split-prism focusing screen and factory "diamond" leatherette. Very rarely available, especially in such nice condition, fully serviced. This particular bundle includes a couple of rare accessories and a bonus lens. Don't miss it, you will not see another one of these for years!
Shutter is smooth and film transport works properly. Meter responds to light, lens aperture and shutter speed settings and appears dead-on (accuracy was not verified with film). Light seals (including internal, around the prism) and mirror guard have been replaced, all moving contact points have been lubricated for years of flawless service.
EXC+. No dents or major scratches, just very minor brassing on the film door and viewfinder frame. Clean and sharp lettering on the shutter speed dial. Focusing screen and viewfinder are pristine. Original "diamond" leatherette is in excellent shape. "SE" paper sticker is missing.
- SMC Pentax 55mm f/2.0 normal prime lens. Less common than the later 50mm version, this lens was made in Japan and is higher build quality. EXC+ condition, scratch-free glass, no fungus is noticeable. Aperture is snappy and blades are free from oil. Focusing is smooth. The barrel of the lens shows minimal wear, just a touch of paint loss on the front rim. The lens comes with rare original 52mm Asahi Pentax front cap and a Hoya Skylight filter.
- Pentax AF200S power flash with dedicated leatherette case. MINT- condition, functions properly. Minor signs of corrosion on the battery terminals. Batteries not included
- Pentax angle finder with dedicated case. MINT condition, clear glass.
- FREE BONUS: SMC Pentax-M 100mm f/2.8 prime lens with both caps. Glass are clean and scratch-free, but there is some fungus under the front element, and what appears to be a small chip on the periphery of the back element. Name plate has a couple of small holes. This is a nice portrait lens, and these small cosmetic issues should not dramatically affect its performance. Aperture is dry and functions properly.
- Pentax factory camera manual, original strap (worn, fair shape), viewfinder cap, body cap and a fresh battery for the meter.